dimanche, mai 01, 2005

Dreams V. Reality

Trees fly past, the mountain is coming near
Clouds move fast, the mist on the mountaintop
Is clearing up. I see this gorge, right below me
As I glide over it and wiggle on the seat.

It's so picturesque, I said. It's a dream deferred
That unfolds before me when I travel,
A sequence of dreams I like to put on a reel
I close my eyes and another picture sets in.

Again I glide this time it's seaweeds under me
Shoals of fish shimmer over the pitted sand.
I just saw a crab! It's trying to defend itself
Against this weird huge gliding monster.

I reach out at it and it creates a mini sandstorm
As it flails with claws and tail over the sand
I make another stroke and there is this rock
So rife with clams. I look at them and think of salads.

Coffee and ice-cream. I mix them up probably
Expecting concupiscent curds to cream over
I am not the Emperor of Ice-cream, I think.
As I move I switch into another dream.

We walk up to the shooting ground in the
Frozen, frost-bitten earth. The targets are
Being pummeled by the sharp, cutting wind.
We strip of gloves to be able to feel the trigger.

And there is the concussion of repetitive shots
Targets fall or stay standing, the earth is right
In your face as you zoom in to level zero.
I hit again, I knock them down as always.

The clouds are a dark mass behind the gauzy
Curtains. I look at them and see the tops of
The vines, my neighbor's growing. The sun
Is trying to break through the clouds and
My fingers are running over the key-board keys.
What happens to a dream deferred?
Does it really matter when it doesn't have You?
I love real life much better than dreams so
Don't hesitate at the door, come on in.

Aucun commentaire: