dimanche, mai 01, 2005

Love Like a Dove

I was looking for love
I was pining away
When love like a dove
Perched on my window to stay.

I rushed for it then
I opened it wide
But love like a dove
Flew off from my side.

It was a hard thing to bear
The realization that dawned
That love was just there
And had now gone.

I had been clumsy
I had been rough
Love being so whimsy
Could be never enough.

Will it ever be coming
To my window to stay?
I should be more cunning
Not to scare it away.

I should remain sitting
On my chair like this
I should only be looking
As if experiencing bliss.

I should leave some seeds
There on the window-sill
Hoping that there it feeds
Pecking and clicking its bill.

And if it starts cooing
Then I'll happily know
That love like a dove
Is beginning to grow.

So I am now praying
Begging for it to come
Hoping to do better
Than a battering ram.

2 commentaires:

Hristo Boev a dit…

Thanks, but seriously you should give it a try:)) Nothing really that difficult. Unlike you I can't write poetry in Bulgarian the way you do:)

4tiro a dit…

I am impressed