mercredi, mai 04, 2005

Pazardgic Verses

The town is always near

The fence is always gray

The sky’s not always clear

To make me wanna stay

The night is always foggy

The morning’s foggy too

We are always groggy

And rest is here a taboo

Here the thing is marching

And that’s what we do

We are also starching

Everything that starches true

The sergeants-major are screaming

Their bloody orders, ‘tis true

Or they are rather mumbling

Things that come undue

.

We happen to be a-crawling

In the mud ‘tis true

Harsh winds are blowing

My lost liberty I rue

Besides, some here are stupid

Others appear to be dumb

Most here are pushed

By the deeds of ignoble scum

This dump I’ll be leaving

My time will be done

An end to this deceiving

An end to all this scum

Yet now the town is near

The fence is really gray

The sky’s not always clear

Yet I’ll have to stay

‘Tis a heavy cross to bear

Through a ruthless time of loo

How I wish I were there

Where there are other things, too

January 1999

5 commentaires:

Nam LaMore a dit…

i like the tone of this poem .. the way it starts out reminds me of the dull, overcast days in san francisco.

i will be back to check out your other poems! i've only posted a couple on my blog, but i wrote them years ago .. i'm not a poem writer, so i won't try any now!

Hristo Boev a dit…

Thanks for stopping by and you're more than welcome to the rest of what I've posted here. You don't have to be a poem writer to write poems in the same way that you don't have to be a fish in order to swim. If you like swimming, you'll swim all the same:)
This poem reflects the period of 2 months I spent in the town of Pazardgic doing my military duty:)

Nam LaMore a dit…

military duty? that's worth a novel right there! i have to admit i wasn't sure where bulgaria was, so i looked it up, and it's in a very exciting part of the globe!

if things go according to the "masterplan," then i'll have my chance to run around and play 'do-gooder' near there. i'm not ready to go into this project in details, but i will once some other pieces fall into place. apology for being so cryptic. :-)

i'm looking forward to my exploration of your blog. btw: my blog is really a portal for my online activities. it's not a traditional blog, and not yet a full-scale website. so, it serves as my portal.

if you enjoy my blog, i highly suggest that you click over to 'the dutched pinay' blog (is under 'blog parade'). drop her a comment and tell you're a visitor via my blog.

finally, let me know if i can assist you with blogging. i just started a few months ago, and i certainly want to be able to pass on what i learned.

Hristo Boev a dit…

You are so right about the novel thing:))) If I ever write one I'll mention you in credits to...
Thanks for the kind invite to discuss blogging with you. I'll have many questions pretty soon:))

Hristo Boev a dit…

Thanks for visiting my site.:)) I've got some more poems here for your attention:)